The content of this Victorian Government website is provided for information purposes only. No claim is made as to the accuracy or currency of the content on this site at any time. The Victorian Government and this agency (Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions) do not accept any liability to any person for the information or advice (or the use of such information or advice) which is provided on this website or incorporated into it by reference.
While every effort is made to ensure that the content posted by us on our online and social channels is current and accurate, we accept no liability for the accuracy, completeness or currency of that information and disclaim all liability to any person in relation to, or, in the use of, the information or data. Comments and posts made by members of our online communities are the views of those individuals only and do not reflect the views or opinions of the department.
No responsibility is taken for any information or services that may appear on any linked websites.
Social media and online community guidelines
The department has several online and social media channels and we encourage you to follow those which are relevant to you and to join in conversations.
It is important that our online environments are safe places where everyone can participate without fear of an inappropriate response. To maintain online communities that are safe, respectful and constructive, we have created community guidelines that govern behaviour across our social media and online communities. We ask that all participants follow these guidelines.
- Remain respectful - please be respectful of others and their opinions and refrain from behaviour which is offensive, harassing or discriminatory. This includes the use of harassing others through private messages, inappropriate language and views that are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit or otherwise objectionable.
- Don’t get personal - do not harass others or make personal attacks.
- Be yourself - please post under your own name or include your name in your profile. Comments from anonymous, misleading or suspicious profile names may be deleted, regardless of topic.
- Stay on topic - off-topic, inflammatory, repetitive, offensive, defamatory or inappropriate comments may be hidden or deleted.
- Protect your identity - do not reveal any personal or sensitive information about yourself or others, including our staff, for example, bank details. We may ask to take a conversation offline if it is of a sensitive nature.
- Observe the law - do not post anything which breaks the law or encourages others to engage in unlawful activity, such as breach of copyright, defamation or contempt of court.
- Stay safe - do not describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or wellbeing of others.
- No SPAM - do not post or repost information or links to advertisements, requests or offers, or anything else that could be considered to have a commercial motivation.
- Observe channel rules - in addition to our own requirements, be sure to observe the policies of the specific social media channels that you are using - including the rules of Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, G+, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
*Please note that behaviour which is deemed to be anti-social will not be tolerated. We reserve the right to delete inappropriate activity and to ban any community member who consistently demonstrates this type of behaviour.